Convenient and available anywhere
- Installation is handled by a professional and requires very little preparation work on the part of the homeowner
- Ventless options are available to save energy or if a regular chimney or flue is not an option due to space constraints
- Propane gas stoves and fireplaces generate heat quickly and can provide either radiant or convective heat transfer throughout a home
- An electric starter makes ignition of the flame quick and safe, but the propane fireplace can be started manually just as safely in the case of electrical blackouts
- Remote control and thermostat operations can automate the control and flame size of the propane gas fireplace or stove so that a home can be heated without the monitoring needed for ideal operation of a traditional wood-burning fireplace.
- Because pressurized gas stored in tanks flows easily, there is none of the inconvenience associated with moving fuel around
- Propane is available virtually everywhere, while natural gas is limited to municipal distribution grids
Before purchasing a propane fireplace, check with a Specialty Licensed Retailer for installation estimates to make sure that the price is within your budget. You should also check to make sure you have a cheap and reliable supply of propane gas from your local gas company or outlets, and determine whether you want to rent or purchase propane tanks.
Finally, keep in mind that by default a propane fireplace does not contain the traditional glowing embers that are usually found in wood-burning fireplaces, or even the "imitation" logs and embers found in many manufactured natural gas fireplaces. If the look of a traditional wood-burning fireplace is extremely important, consider purchasing gas log inserts to provide the best of both worlds.
If you decide propane fireplaces are not appropriate, you may still be able to use gas fireplaces. Check out our selection of fine crafted wood burning fireplaces and ventless gas fireplaces. Bookmark this site and return later to review the selection of gas fireplaces, fireplace mantels, wood stoves, fireplace tool sets, firestarters and more.