DutchWest Gas and Wood Stoves
Vermont Castings feature line known for efficiency and reliability
For over 30 years, Vermont Castings has produced an outstanding line of wood and gas stoves under the name DutchWest. Certain lines of the DutchWest brand are well-reviewed by consumers and overall the stoves are known for their sturdy construction, efficiency, good price and classic good looks. The DutchWest brand of stoves has branched into the following types: direct vent and vent-free gas stoves, and catalytic and non-catalytic wood stoves.
DutchWest direct vent gas stoves come in two different lines, the 2465 DV (direct vent) and the 2467 NV (natural vent). The 2465 and 2467 have many features and options to suit a range of needs and tastes.
As an example, the DutchWest 2465 boasts some of the following:
- All cast-iron construction
- Natural gas unit, with liquid propane conversion kit
- Heat output up to 28,000 BTU (21,000 minimum)
- Realistic ceramic fiber log set
- Large glass front viewing
- Optional wall mounted thermostat
- Energuide rating of 61.3 % efficiency
DutchWest 2465 DV gas stove
DutchWest catalytic wood stoves have been popular with hearth consumers for a number of years, and have been rated fairly well. Catalytic wood stoves come in three sizes and models, 2460 small, 2461 large and 2462 extra-large, pleasing the many different types of home owners and their individual heating needs.
All DutchWest catalytic wood stoves may include some of the following qualities and options:
- Convection system to spread heat
- Low smoke emissions
- Decorative polished nickel accents
- Optional warming shelves (extra large not included)
- Optional fan thermostat
Here is what consumers have said about the DutchWest 2461 catalytic wood stove (shown below).
Likes : Efficient wood-burning, good heat circulation, large firebox, good looking, good value for the money, catalytic combustion helps keep chimney clean
Dislikes : Burn times may vary and may be lower depending on wood source, glass easily fouls up, and handles get hot
DutchWest Cast-iron Large 2461 Wood Stove
For those with decreased heating demands on their wood stoves, DutchWest's extensive non-catalytic line has a stove for any space and personal taste. Non-catalytic stoves are made of cast-iron (DutchWest 2477 small, 2478 medium and 2479 large), or plate steel (nine different stoves).
The non-catalytic stoves, using the plate steel DW 1500 medium stove as an example, have some of the following features:
- EPA approved technology
- Side shields for reduced clearances
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Reduced emissions and improved efficiency from primary and secondary combustion air
- Able to heat up to 1,400 square feet
- Heat output from 10,300 to 29,300 BTU/Hr